22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

Opril's Book Club

SelectionThe Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

I downloaded this selection to have ready and waiting as soon as I finish another book I am currently reading. Time has been the focus of many of my posts, thanks to Harold Camping and his date setting cult. It is a fascinating concept and I thought it would make a great selection. I learned a few things from watching the Camping timeliners. One is that chronos time is not the only kind of time there is.

The Time Keeper has been recommended by many readers and it is currently on the NY Times Bestellers List. The general consensus seems to be that this parable of a character named "Father Time" is heartwarming and thought-provoking, even though it may not be Mitch Albom's best work. This will be my first Mitch Albom book.

I plan to come back and post my comments. In the meantime, if you have read this book, or plan to read it, I invite you to share your thoughts about it here.

A few quick headlines from Reviewers:

Time is our Master
A Moving Fable About Time
Time flies when you read this
Appreciate the time you have
Different Even for Albom
The story of Father Time ~ so truly creative!!!
A thought provoking look at the meaning of time

 Of course, there were a some unhappy reviewers who thought the book was...

Booorring

and

Time Wasted

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder